Press Releases, Articles & Announcements
2020 Year in Review
March 18, 2021 by Jeff Wigle
With 2020 behind us and the first quarter of 2021 coming to a close, we wanted to take this opportunity to provide an update on our business and investment criteria. We are proud to announce that in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic, Banyan Capital Partners achieved record growth across its portfolio in 2020. The resulting increase in our aggregate portfolio value, persistent demand from our investor base and the confidence they have expressed in us has led to a broadening of our investment parameters to include larger businesses, and correspondingly increase the quantum of the initial investment we are capable of making as follows:
- Businesses with an established track-record of generating EBITDA of at least $5 million;
- Initial equity investments of between $10 million and $50 million per transaction.
While we are expanding the universe of potential investment opportunities, it must be noted that our approach to investing and the characteristics of the businesses we target remain constant. Specifically, we are committed to a long-term investment horizon and are focused on partnering with strong management teams leading businesses exhibiting the following traits:
- Head offices in North America;
- Recession-resilient business models;
- Long operating histories and attractive financial metrics relative to their competitors;
- High free cash flow conversion;
- Stable historical growth and potential for strategic acquisitions; and
- Strong market positions with differentiated product or service offerings.
If you are aware of, or work with a business that fits the criteria set out above, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are optimistic that our economy will successfully navigate the COVID-19 crisis and emerge stronger than ever.